Monday, July 27, 2009

A few questions regarding Residential Energy Credit. (Form-5695 Part 2 of 2)?

In Year 2007, I spent $3,000 to replace the windows and $3,500 to replace the central A/C. They had been replaced in order to improve the energy efficiency. And, now I have a few following questions about how to claim these expenditures on my tax return form (5695)





(3) Can I claim this credit without having the manufacturer’s certifications? I replaced these without thinking about claiming the credit. The instruction on Form 5695 indicates that manufacturer’s certification is required to claim the credit. Can I still claim the credit or should I request such certification from the manufacturer?





Your genereous input is always greatly appreciated.!

A few questions regarding Residential Energy Credit. (Form-5695 Part 2 of 2)?
A Manufacturer’s Certification is a signed statement from the manufacturer certifying that the product or component qualifies for the tax credit. The IRS encourages manufacturers to provide these Certifications on their website to facilitate identification of qualified products. Taxpayers must keep a copy of the certification statement for their records, but do not have to submit a copy with their tax return.

wedding flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment