Monday, July 27, 2009

Currently in school online for Medical Coding and Billing and need some info/opinions....?

I am enrolled in PCI Online for Medical Coding/Billing and will be done as of Sunday. My certification should take place soon thereafter, so I am looking for jobs now. I am looking into Medical Receptionist/Secretary jobs for entry-level experience and possibly C/B exp. My questions are:


Online training wasn't a waste of my time, was it? I couldn't afford to go back and forth to school with my son %26amp; I couldn't afford daycare.


Getting certified: What's the process, how long does it last, will I need to keep getting certified?


Where can I go from here in education? Good schools to continue on to?





Any other info u may have, please include...

Currently in school online for Medical Coding and Billing and need some info/opinions....?
I cant tell you whether it was a waste of time or not. Sorry





I can tell you that you will become certified with a CCS I assume or some other credential. The tests are not hard if you study, I would get a bit of work experience first. say 6 months or so. I reccomend you seek an RHIT next, and you can do that with an AAS degree. After that try the College of St Scholastica for an RHIA credential that will lead you into management posts.





Once you are certified you will need to obtain CEUs (continueing education units) these happen every two years and you can get these for a variety of this and usually all you need from your employer. Your supervisor should be able to offer you all you need or give you suggestions.





You can move anywhere as a coder or health care worker. We all need to utilize healthcare.





I was where you are 9 years ago and now I supervise a team of 12 staff and earn a great wage. Good luck to you!

community survey

No comments:

Post a Comment