Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Software Training & Courses?

This is my first year for BSC.IT, from (Karrox Technologies, Mumbai) affiliated from Sikkim Manipal University, 1st semester course content i.e. Data Structure Using C, SQL Server Concept %26amp; DBMS, VB, Linux etc. But I want to boost my talent with some other courses in Software Industry.





Could any one suggest me, Should I go for Java certifications i.e SCJA, SCJP or DBA Oracle, MCPD, MCAD %26amp; MCDBA etc.





Thank in advance

Software Training %26amp; Courses?
It depends on what you wish to specialize in. If you are going to be a database expert, I would suggest both Oracle and MCDBA as they seem to be the two largest commercial software packages that are being outsourced.





If you wish to be an application developer, then Courses in Java or .NET would be advisable. You should understand, most companies usually choose a major development platform, and currently the two big camps are either Microsoft with .NET or IBM/Sun with Java.





I wouldn't try to learn them all together but would choose to specialize. Choose either the Microsoft world or the Oracle/Sun world for now.





I would also recommend you look into the current job opportunities in major cities where you live. I would try to learn skills that would help you find a good job in those cities. Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment